Formal Group vs. Informal Group: The two are different in very many ways-
- Meaning: Groups created by the organizers on, for the purpose of accomplishing a specific task are known as Formal Groups.
- Formation: Deliberately
- Size: Large
- Life: Depends on the type of group
- Structure: Well Defined
- Importance is given to: Position
- Relationship: Professional
- Communication: Moves in a defined direction.
- Meaning: Groups created by the employees themselves, for their own sake are known as Informal Groups.
- Formation: Voluntarily
- Size: Comparatively small.
- Life: Depends on the members.
- Structure: Ill-Defined
- Importance is given to: Person
- Relationship: Personal
- Communication: Stretches in all the directions.