The difference between personal selling and sales promotion are:
- Meaning: Personal Selling is a marketing tool in which the salesperson presents the goods to the customers and instigates them to purchase it
- Consequence: Long-term increase in sales.
- Cost involved: High
- Communication: Face to face.
- Customers: Few
- Incentive schemes and offers: Not always present
- Nature of product: Customized and technically complex.
- The method used for which kind of product: High value.
- Meaning: Sales Promotion is a range of non-personal marketing activities that are carried on to initiate sales of product and service.
- Consequence: Short-term increase in sales.
- The cost involved: Comparatively less.
- Communication: Indirect.
- Customers: Many.
- Incentive schemes and offers: Always present.
- Nature of product: Standardized and easy to understand.
- The method used for which kind of product: Low value.