Uses of amines:
1. Methyl amine:
- As refrigerant
- As hair-remover in tanneries.
- Production of choline chloride which is used in poultry feeds.
- Production of different dyes, drugs, artificial detergents & quarternary compounds.
2. Ethyl amine:
- Production of emulsifier & detergents.
- Production of various dyes & stainless chemicals
- As a reducing agent in laboratory.
3. Di-methyl amine:
- As hair remover in tannery industries & in rubber vulcanization.
- Quaternary salts produced from it, are used in the production of detergents. An important example of it is: N-hexadecyl tri-methyl ammonium chloride.
4. Hexa-methylene di-amine:
- Production of synthetic fibers, e.g. Nylon-66
5. Phenyl amine:
- Production of different dyes & polymers
- As a solvent in some cases
- In rubber industry & in production of drugs e.g. sulfadrugs (sulfanilamide)
6. N-methyl phenyl amine:
- Production of different dyes, e.g. methyl orange.
7. Di-phenyl amine:
- Production of dies
- Production of different explosives
8. Diazonium salt:
- Synthesis of aromatic compounds
- Synthesis of azo-dyes
- Synthesis of phenyl hydrazine
- Dying of cotton cloths.