Uses of Different Acids and Their Derivatives
Compound Name: Acid Anhydride.
- As a regent in acetylation reaction
- Production of aspirin
- As a solvent of cellulose in rayon industries.
Compound Name: Benzoic Acid and it’s Sodium Salt
- Preservation of food & fruit juices.
- Production of dyes; e.g. aniline blue.
- In drug industry (skin diseases).
Compound Name: Ester
- As artificial perfumes.
- As a solvent of oil, dyes, plastic, varnish, resin, cellulose etc. Butyl acetate is used as a “Solvent of penicillin”.
- As an appetizer, the ester is used in different foods & drinks.
- Ethyl acetate is used as Solvent; artificial perfume; the appetizer of foods; drug industry (skin diseases)
- Ester benzoic is the art used in the production of perfumes.
Compound Name: Acyl Halide
- Acetyl Chloride is used in “Acetylation/Ethylation” reaction.
- Production of ethanoic andydride & ethanamide.
- Identification of – OH group in organic compounds.
- Benzyls Chloride is used in the production of tear gas.