Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer’s processor to perform specific operations. Computer software contrasts with computer hardware, which is the physical component of computers. Computer hardware and software require each other and neither can be realistically used without the other.
Many trends are occurring in software. Like at first the computers were very hard to maintain. But nowadays software has made it very easy to maintain computers. The major trends or changes occurring in software are:
- Software nowadays have too much flexibility,
- The software is now used for daily communication,
- The software is used for security systems,
- Nowadays software is also used for robbing (hacking),
- Windows programs are so easy to maintain that even a 12-year kid can run them.
- People use software like Microsoft Outlook Express, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, etc. Software for daily communication.
- Security systems in banks, offices, courts, etc. Are now-a.days being computerized.
- People who know a lot about software nowadays rob banks, by breaking their security systems. This kind of robbing is known as Hacking.
Some software producing computers expect that by some years people will no more use the mouse or keyboard, they will use devices which will directly read the brainS of people. and will make the computer perform those jobs. The computer that lets Stephen Hawkins speak and do other jobs is an example of this kind of computers.