BSCIC provides medium and long term loans to small industries, either directly, or through consortium of commercial banks. BSCIC also provides assistance in all other matters relating to development and expansion of small and cottage industries (SCI). It produces statistics on the types of enterprises, their activities and the number of people employed. Its major functions are:
- Promotion and registration of small and cottage industries.
- Conducting advisory and industrial promotion services including training of entrepreneurs.
- Skill development for artisans and craftsmen.
- Creation of jobs for SCI.
- Construction and development of industrial estates with necessary infrastructural facilities for SCI.
- Development of linkages between SCIs and large and medium sized industries.
- Online Service for registration of Industry, Application for Industrial plots, Application for Training facilities will be provide very soon.