Management Information System (MIS) offers the following advantages to the managers:
MIS helps businesses optimize business procedures, address information needs of employees and diverse stakeholders and take informed tactical decisions. However, budget allotment and monitoring issues can concern the effectiveness of MIS. It has its advantages depending on organizational deployment and usage.
- It facilitates collection, management and dissemination of information at different levels of management and across different departments of the organization.
- This system has made it possible for businesses to be open 24×7 all over the globe. This means that a business can be open anytime anywhere, making purchases from different countries easier and more convenient.
- It supports planning, decision making and controlling at all levels.
- It improves the quality of information with which a manager works.
- It ensures cost effectiveness in managing information.
- It reduces information overload on the managers as only relevant information is provided to them.
- MIS change the larger amount of data in to summarize form and there by avoids the confusion which may arise when managers are flooded with detailed facts.