Business communication occurs between two or more parties to exchange business related information. The success of a business depends on the efficacy of business communication. For this, communication is regarded as the lifeblood of business.
The role or importance of business communication is discussed below:
- Exchanging information: Communication is mainly the exchange of information between two or more parties. Through communication, organizations exchange information with internal and external parties. Communication also brings dynamism in organizational activities and helps in attaining goals.
- Preparing plans and policies: Communication helps in preparing organizational plans and policies. Realistic plans and policies require adequate and relevant information. The manager collects required information from reliable sources through communication.
- Execution of plans and place: For timely implementation of plans and policies, managers must disseminate those in the whole In order to ‘disseminate the plans and policies to the internal and external parties, managers rely on communication.
- Increasing employee’s efficiency: Communication also helps in increasing the efficiency of employees. With the help of communication, organizational objectives, plans, policies, rules, directives and other complex matters explain to the employees that broaden their knowledge and thus help them to be efficient.
- Achieving goals: Effective communication helps the employees at all levels to be conscious and attentive. It ensures timely accomplishment of jobs and easy achievement of goals.
- Solving problems: Through various communication channels, the managers can be informed of various routine and non-time problems of the organization and accordingly they take the necessary actions of steps to solve the problem.
- Making decisions: Making timely decisions requires updated Through effective communication, managers can collect information from different corners and can make the right decisions.
- Improving industrial relation: the Industrial relation is the relation between workers and management in the workplace. The good industrial relation is always desired for business success. Communication plays a vital role in creating and maintaining good industrial relation.
- Publicity of goods and services: In the modern age, business is becoming highly Almost very competing manufacturer produces products of common consumption. However, all of them cannot sell equally well, The organization that can communicate better can also sell better.
- Removing controversies: Effective communication allows smooth flow of Information among various parties involved in the negotiation or transaction. As a result, conflicts, controversies, and disagreements can be resolved easily.
- Enhancing employee satisfaction: If it is free and lair flow of Information in the organization, it will certainly bring mutual understanding between management and workers. Such understanding enhances the satisfaction of employees.
- Enhancing loyalty: Effective communication helps the managers to be aware of the performance of their subordinates. In such a situation, the subordinates try to show their good performance. Later on, if management praises their performance, it will enhance employees’ loyalty.