Objectives or Importance of Business Status Inquiry Letter
Business status inquiry letter plays an important role in modern business. Inquiry letter being a representative to many types of other letters requires an impressive opening. It may not be the agenda of all inquiry letters but wherever it is applicable, you have to impress the reader.
The following are the major objectives of writing this letter:
- Probable quantity required and the time-frame for the supply of the product / service.
- Obtaining information about financial capability of prospective customers.
- The seller’s terms on credit, discounts, transit, packaging etc., should be enquired into.
- Determining the risk of credit sales.
- Deciding whether to enter into credit transactions.
- Opening sentences to indicate the reasons for the enquiry.
- Getting information about honesty, goodwill and business morality of the probable buyer.
- Knowing about the relationship of the prospective bum with other business community and associations.
- Enhancing sales with various parties by evaluate their financial and business viability.