Factors to be considered in drafting Appointment Letter
When people apply for jobs, they will undergo a selection process. At the end of the selection process, some candidates are finally selected for the job. Once the selection process is over, the employer sends appointment letter to those candidates who have successfully completed the selection process.
Appointment letter must give a full disclosure of the terms and conditions from the employer’s side. Because the candidate will join only when those terms and conditions are acceptable to him. An ideal appointment letter should contain the following contents:
- Name and address of the organization (employer);
- Name and address of the applicant;
- Name of the position;
- Duties and responsibilities of the job;
- Conditions of job: whether permanent or temporary, office time, performing another job simultaneously;
- Monthly salary;
- Time length of the contract;
- Date of joining;
- Documents to be submitted during joining;
- Security requirements;
- Commitment / Declaration, and,
- Provision regarding termination.