Societal marketing concept: the societal marketing concept holds that the organization’s task is to determine the needs, wants and interest of target markets and to deliver the desired satisfaction more effectively and efficiently than competitors in a way that preserves and enhances the consumers and the societies well being. It calls for social and ethical consideration in marketing. They must balance the conflicting criteria of company profits, consumer wants, satisfaction and public interest. In an age of environmental determination, resource shortage, explosive population growth, world hunger and poverty and lack of social service. Marketers need to be sensitive to these issues.
Holistic marketing concept: the holistic marketing concept is based on the development, design and, implementation of marketing programs and process and activities that recognizes their breadth and interdependencies. Holistic marketing recognizes that everything matters in marketing and that a broad, integrated perspective is often necessary. This marketing seeks to utilize this exceptionality as an approach to helping identify the particular function from which to target end users. This concept involves consistent marketing activities to ensure that the consumer is likely to buy their product rather than competition.
Distinguish between the societal marketing concept and holistic marketing concept
Societal Marketing Concept –
- The societal marketing concept focuses on satisfying the needs of customers and based on the result of sales products itself.
- Societal marketing places prominence on the long-term well-being of society as a whole, incorporating this aim into the overall marketing preparation of a company.
- While product and service marketing is still a key purpose of this type of marketing plan, the focal point of societal marketing is society.
- It is a mixture of customer wants or needs, company requirements, and the long-term good of society.
Holistic marketing concept –
- Holistic marketing concept focuses on everything matters with marketing, not only the sales or satisfying the needs of customers but over all.
- Holistic concept marketing is a marketing strategy a company uses to decide if it can produce a feasible product consumers want or need, whether the company can generate an adequate product to fill the requirements and the marketing method by which the need can be filled.
- Holistic marketing concepts rely on the concept hook to sell a product, with the end objective being to attain a target audience in such a way that the company makes its product or service attractive.
- This most generally means tailoring advertising to fit the demographics of consumers.