The business letter refers to the formal written letter where business-related issues and information is exchanged with the suppliers, customers, clients, banks, insurance companies, government agencies or other external parts of the organization.
Disadvantages of business letter
We can see a few limitations of letters as a written document. They are as follows:
- Formal structure: Some rules must be followed in drafting a letter. To follow the rules is a limitation of the business letter, because the experience is necessary of the letter., as experience is necessary to write it.
- Old media: the Business letter is an old written means of communication. But there are many modern forms of written communication.
- Complex language: Sometimes a business letter is written in complex language for lacking sense. If it occurs, the business letter becomes meaningless.
- Missing: Business letters may be missed. But it is impossible for E-mail, fax, telephone etc.
- Taking time: In this modern era of communication letter is considered as the slow-moving tool of It takes more time than any other form of communication. But the modern devices take no time to send written document such as e-mail, fax etc.
- Secrecy: Sometimes business letter fails to maintain business secrecy.
- Costly: In comparison to other forms of the communication business letter is costly.
- No immediate response: There is no immediate feedback in a business letter.
- Others: Red-tap-ism, lack of flexibility etc.