Difference between Services and Goods
- Nature: An activity or process. e.g.. Watching a movie in a cinema hall.
- Type: Heterogeneous.
- Intangibility: Intangible e.g. doctor treatment.
- Inconsistency: Different customers having different demands e.g. mobile services.
- Inseparability: Simultaneous production and consumption. e.g. eating ice-cream in a restaurant
- Inventory: Cannot be kept in stock. e.g. experience of a train Journey.
- Involvement: Participation of customers at the time of service delivery. e.g. self-service in a fast food Joint.
- Nature: A physical object. e.g.. video cassette of movie.
- Type: Homogeneous.
- Intangibility: Tangible e.g. medicine
- Inconsistency: Different customers getting standardized demands fulfilled. e.g. mobile phones.
- Inseparability: Separation of production and consumption. e.g. purchasing ice cream from a store.
- Inventory: Can be kept in stock. e.g. train journey ticket
- Involvement: Involvement at the time of delivery not possible. e.g. manufacturing a vehicle.