Factors to be considered while drafting Reply to the Personal Status Inquiry Letter
The reply to personal inquiry letter may contain either positive information or negative information. Whatever the nature of reply is, it contains some general contents along with particular positive or negative opinion. The following contents are generally included in a reply to personal status inquiry letter:
- Acknowledging the letter of the inquirer. That means, acceptance of the letter of inquiry should be mentioned.
- Name, address and other particulars of the person of whom information is provided.
- Providing specific information as asked by the inquirer. Information supplied should be accurate arid relevant whether it is positive or negative.
- Providing additional information that may help the enquirer to make a better decision.
- The replier should not put his own assumptions with the facts.
- A statement expressing the intention not to take any liability resulting from future transactions with the person.
- Requesting the enquirer to keep information secret.
- Giving assurance of providing further help in future.
- Expressing sorrowness if the information supplies go against the prospective candidate.
- Using simple and unambiguous words and sentences.
- Wishing inquirer’s business prosperity with thanks.
- Mentioning the name, position and address of the information provider.