Habit and habitat: Members of this phylum are mainly ectoparasite or endoparasite of other organisms but a few species are free living. They live in fresh water, drain; stream etc. and some species live in saline water, some member of this phylum live in damp and moist soils.
Fig: Liver fluke and Tape worm
- They are flat bodied, worm like diocious and mostly endoparasitic animals.
- Body is covered by a thick cuticle.
- Sucker or hooks are present.
- Flame cell is the excretory organ.
- Digestive system incomplete or absent.
Example: Taenla solium Tape worm Fasciola hepatica liver fluke.