Differences between a plant cell and an animal cell:
1) The plant cell is usually, surrounded by a cell wall which is composed of cellulose.
2) Usually, plant cell contains plastid.
3) Centrosome is absent in almost all the plant cells (exception- blue-green algae contains centrosome)
4) A matured plant cell contains a single and large vacuole.
5) Plasma membrane does not possess micro-villi.
6) Golgi body is often found absent.
7) Reserve food in the plant cell is mainly starch.
8) The cell plate is formed during cytokinesis of cell division.
1) The cell wall is absent in the animal cell.
2) Plastid is absent in the animal cell.
3) The centrosome is always present in animal cells.
4) Usually, Vacuole is absent in the animal cell. If present, it is usually very minute.
5) It contains micro-villi.
6) Golgi body is found in almost all the animal cell.
7) Recent food in the animal cell is mainly glycogen.
8) The cell plate is not found.