Difference between Somatic cells and Reproductive cells
(1) Position: Somatic cells are present throughout the body of the organisms.
(2) Function: Takes part in the body formation.
(3) Types: According to the requirement of body it may be of different types.
(4) Ploidy: Usually, diploid.
(5) Union: Somatic cells never unite with each other
(1) Position: Reproductive cells are only confined to reproductive organs.
(2) Function: Takes part in reproduction.
(3) Types: Reproductive cells are of two types, such as- male gamete or sperm (n) and female gamete or ovum (n).
(4) Ploidy: Reproductive cell is always haploid.
(5) Union: Two different reproductive cells (one male and the other female) unite together (n+n) to form zygote (2n)