Comparison between the Stem Structure and Root Structure
- Cuticle are Present and thick.
- Trichomes are present as multi-cellular or unicellular on the Epidermis.
- Stomata is present in Stem
- Hypodermis are either collenchymatous or sclerenchymatous.
- Cortex is present in heterogeneous, with collenchyma, parenchyma and sclerenchyma.
- Endodermis are generally absent; endodermoid layer may be present
- Pericycle formed in two to few layered
- Vascular bundles are numerous in number, collateral or bicollateral, regularly arranged forming a broken ring or scattered in ground tissue
- Pith is well marked and large or not differentiated
- Cuticle are generally absent.
- Trichomes are present in Epiblema hairs are unicellular
- Stomata is absent in root.
- Hypodermis is not distinct from inner cortex.
- Cortex is present in homogenous with cells of parenchyma.
- Endodermis are generally present
- Pericycle formed in one layer
- Vascular bundles are formed in formed in 2-12, radial, exarch, form a broken ring.
- Pith is endogenous, arising and form pericycle.