Stock Control Card is a ledger card that contains inventory status for a given item. Many shops now use stock control systems. The term “stock control system” can be used to include various aspects of controlling the amount of stock on the shelves and in the stockroom and how reordering happens. It is used to show how much stock you have at any one time, and how you keep track of it. It covers stock at every stage of the production process, from purchase and delivery to using and re-ordering the stock.
- Ensuring that the products are on the shelf in shops in just the right quantity.
- Recognizing when a customer has bought a product.
- Automatically signaling, when more products need to be put on the shelf from the stockroom.
- Automatically reordering stock at the appropriate time from the main warehouse.
- Automatically producing management information reports that could be used both by local Managers and at head office.