Returns Books are those books in which the goods returned to the suppliers and goods returned by the consumers are recorded. The reasons for the return of goods are
- not according to the order placed.
- not upto the samples which were previously shown.
- due to break situation.
- due to dissimilarity in the prices charged.
- undue holdup in the delivery of the goods.
Kinds of Returns Books
The following are the kinds of Returns Books;
- Purchases Return or Returns outward book
- Sales Return or Returns inward book
When the business apprehension returns an element of the goods purchased on credit, the returns fall under the sort Purchases Return or Returns Outward.
When the business apprehension receives an element of the goods sold on credit, the returns fall under the sort of Sales Return or Returns Inward.