Difference between Tracheid and Vessel
- The cells are long and tapering at both ends.
- The cells are dead and base bordered pits.
- The partition walls of the cells do not break down.
- Its functions are storage and conduction of water and giving mechanical support
- It is usually found m fern plants, gymnospermic plants and angiospermic plants.
- The cells are long, tubular and swollen at both ends.
- Simple pits are present in the walls of dead cells.
- The partition walls form a tube after being broken down.
- Its main function is to conduct water. Besides, it gives mechanical support.
- It is only found in angiospermic plants.